Friday 20 February 2015

R.I.P nose piercing

A while back, in December 2013 to be precise, I decided to bite the bullet and spontaneously get my nose pierced. I've always been a very traditional girl- never wanting tattoos (mainly because I get bored so easily) so I decided I wanted to be a little exciting. For some reason I decided it was best to not put much thought into my new idea as I knew I'd end up talking myself out of it, so I decided on the day just to go for it.

I took my close friend from work with me. She has quite a few piercings herself (including her nose) so I decided she was the best person to guide me through it, plus it gave us the perfect opportunity to catch up on things. We went to a little shop in Nottingham that we saw tucked away on the high street. It seemed like the perfect little place! I plonked myself down on the chair to calm my nerves as a couple of young girls went with the piercer. Within minutes, one of the girls came back sporting a little gem on her lip along with an enormous smile. If  she could do it then so could I!

It was my turn next and I was absolutely crapping myself. I'd decided to get it pierced with the actual ring, even though it was quite thick and on the large side. Shaking, I followed the piercer into the room and sat myself down. I thought it would be better if I closed my eyes. As the needle went through, my eyes started streaming like crazy and the pain was absolutely excruciating. I usually have quite a high pain tolerance (so I thought).

Anyway, it was actually quite an unpleasant experience as the piercer was quite rude to me and my friend, but I was so, SO happy with my new nose I couldn't stop smiling!

I looked after the piercing with no problems other than the occasional nudge and after 3 months it was finally time to change the ring (just in time for my birthday yay) the ball actually fell completely off the ring which meant I had to twist it around to prevent it from falling out. After many attempts to take the ring out to change it, I eventually gave up and decided to wait until I saw my friend to give me the best advice to get it out.

The next day, for some reason I was very busy with work and completely forgot to twist the ring round and it wasn't until that night that I realised it had got stuck and healed in my nose! I tried everything to get it loose, soaking it in warm water and poking it and I even tried to re-pierce it myself (please don't try it) but nothing worked. I was absolutely devastated! The only option was now to cut it out. My trusty boyfriend had some wire cutters so we decided to wait a few days for the swelling to go down and then cut I loose from my nose. It did pinch a bit but at least I was free (it came off straight away and flung itself across the room) I was sick of fiddling with it for it to not budge at all, even though I knew I would miss it an awful lot.

More than a year later down the line I miss my nose piercing so much! I'd recommend to anyone who is thinking about getting their nose pierced to get it done with just a stud and not a ring, as that was the sole reason I had to take it out, otherwise I would still have it by now. I'd also prepare yourself as it takes a lot of looking after and more likely than not it will get infected which is a pain in the bum. I now just have to convince myself to get it re-done, although I'm quite a wimp so I doubt I'll manage!

No comments:

Post a Comment